Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
Where in the World are Antonio and Dante?
Antonio & Dante's Next Adventure
|We are sitting in front of the Duomo di Torino
|"Antonio wasn't the inside of the Cathedral cool looking?"|
|"It sure was Dante. The Chapels are amazing."|
|If you are spending more than a day I would suggest getting the Torino+Piemonte Card. The card is valid in Turin as well as the Piedmont region. Card holders get free admission to more than 160 cultural sites, special rates on car rentals, rebates, discounts and more.|
|Below are just some of the interesting facts about the Duomo di Torino.|
- Cardinal Domenico della Rovere commissioned the building of the Cathedral
- The Cathedral is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist (San Giovanni Battista)
- Tuscan architect Meo del Caprina was assigned to constructing the church, which took place between 1491-1498
- The Cathedral was built on the site of three medieval churches that were dedicated to San Salvatore, Santa Maria de Dompno and St. John the Baptist
- The exterior facade is made of white marble from Carrara
- The Cathedral was built next to the bell tower that was erected in 1469 (The bell tower was modified in the 17th century by Filippo Juvarra)
- The interior of the church is designed in the shape of a Latin cross with three naves
- In 1513 Pope Leo X raised the Cathedral to a metropolitan see
- Between 1668 and 1694 Guarino Guarini added the Chapel of the Holy Shroud (This is the resting place for the Shroud of Turin)
- The Chapel links the Cathedral to the Royal Palace
- A replica of the Shroud is on display for people to see
- Between April 10, 2010 and May 23, 2010 the Shroud will be on display - You will need to book a visit
|Turin is a beautiful and artistically rich city to visit. This should definitely be on anyone's top 10 cities to visit in Italy.|
|"Ciao for now - see you next week for a whole new traveling adventure!"|
|How did you like our latest adventure? We would love to hear from you! Just send us an email to email@example.com. Here is how you can help us on our journey.|
History of Turin
Shroud of Turin
Torino Clothing & Novelties
Turin City Guide
Turin Photo Gallery
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.
Customize your trip to Italy.